Department of Agriculture
Center of excellence in the field of crops research and development and a farm echanization, in harmony with international standards and in adherence to the principles of natural resources conservation and environment protection
1. Conduct research and development studies on various agricultural disciplines concerning crops and farm mechanization.
2. Provide services on the analysis, inspection, quality certification and advises on soil,water,fertilizer,crops,agricultural inputs production and products quality export promotion and other areas of concerns.
3. Enforcement of the six Regulatory Acts under the Department’s jurisdiction; namely the Plant Quarantine Act B.E. 2551 (2008), Plant Variety Protection Act B.E. 2542 (2009), Fertilizer Act B.E. 2550 (2007), Plant Variety Act B.E. 2550 (2007), Rubber Regulation Act B.E. 2542 (2009), and the Toxic Substances Act B.E. 2551 (2008)
4. Transfer of agricultural technology to concerned government officials, farmers and the private sector.
5. Implementation of urgent programs assigned to the Department of Agriculture by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives and the Cabinet Minister